Sunday, June 19, 2005

ZIP-LINQ Treo Datasync Cable

IMG_3790
A couple of weeks ago, I was in Fry's and saw the ZIP-LINQ Treo Datasync Cable cables for $6.99. I bought one, since I was sure I was going to buy a Treo 600 in a couple of weeks. They also had the 12V power adapter for the above so that it can be used to power the Treo via a cigarette lighter. They were $4.99. So for about $12, I got a flexible sync & charging system.

When I installed the Palm Synchronization software yesterday, I was prompted to attach the Treo 600 to the PC via the sync cable. I tried the ZIP-LINQ and it didn't work. I then attached the PalmOne sync cable and was able to HotSync correctly.

This morning, I was able to HotSync correctly using the ZIP-LINQ cable. I did find a note on the FAQ page of ZIP-LINQ's website:
Q. How do I make my Treo 600 Sync?
A. When using the ZIP-DATA-P08 to sync on your Treo 600 you must use the sync icon on the Treo 600 screen. When you choose sync it will default to IR (Infra Red) use the pull down menu below the sync icon and choose sync via cradle. Then it will sync your data through the ZIP-LINQ cable just like a USB cradle. Also make sure wireless mode is off or it will not charge.
Cost (before tax): $11.98

Note: This article was originally posted to the TreoVida blog on date listed. It was moved to Does the fun ever start ? on Sunday, October 23, 2005.

No comments: