Monday, June 13, 2005

Whoops!

In what might be a crushing blow to my plans, the Palm Treo 600 is no longer listed on the Verizon Wireless website. I am unwilling to purchase a new phone until Saturday, because that's the first day I get a $100 credit toward a new phone. There's also a $50 rebate that (if I remember correctly) is available until June 18th.

If the Treo 600 is unavailable, I may have to look at alternatives. That would certainly include the Treo 650. It is only $100 more, if I ignore the rebate. In the past, I haven't had great luck with rebates.

The 650 does offer the following advantages:
  1. Better screen resolution (320x320 for the 650, compared to 160x160 for the 600)
  2. Bluetooth capability in the 650, which means a wireless headset will work
  3. Vastly improved camera on the 650, which means better pics for the blog(s)
  4. The 650 does have a removable (replaceable) battery
There are additional differences here (but at least one item is incorrect - the camera is not 1.3 megapixels.)

No comments: