Monday, June 20, 2005

Belkin accessories on the cheap...

IMG_3788
Last weekend, Amy and I went to the 99¢ Only Store in Rosenberg. I have been to this one before and they often have PDA accessories. I've bought sync cables and cases for my old iPaq (which I haven't seen in quite a while). This time, since I knew I was going to be getting a Treo, I bought some Belkin screen overlays and styli.

The styli were a three pack for an HP Jornada 560. I doubt that they'll fit in the Treo stylus holder. They are, however, incredibly cheap and they are perfectly useful as styli. I can keep one in my truck, one at home, and one at desk. I think I'll be able to use monofilament line to keep them tethered. The less I take out the actual Treo stylus, the less likely I am to lose it.

The screen overlays come in packets of 12 and include a screen cleaning cloth and a "smoothie card" for getting rid of bubbles. I bought one package for the Handspring Visor Edge and one for the Palm i705. They have to be cut to fit the smaller Treo screen. I've read that when talking on the Treo, oils from your face can damage the screen. This seems like cheap protection. I cut one to fit yesterday and slapped it on and it seems OK.

Cost (before tax): $2.98

Note: This article was originally posted to the TreoVida blog on date listed. It was moved to Does the fun ever start ? on Sunday, October 23, 2005.

No comments: