"The introduction of the disposable film camera significantly grew the photography industry by making photography accessible and affordable to anyone," said Mike Wolf, Director of Digital Photography Trends at InfoTrends/CAP Ventures. "One-time-use camera category has grown to be 218 million units annually and we expect it to account for 38% of total film volume in the U.S. in 2005. A simple and affordable one-time-use digital camcorder could spur growth in the digital video market in a similar way."
"We believe that capturing and sharing high-quality, digital home movies should be a fun and easy experience," said Jonathan Kaplan, Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer, Pure Digital Technologies, Inc. "Our partnership with CVS/pharmacy delivers a complete digital home video solution that is affordable and simple enough for even novice users."
Video Camcorder Features and Benefits
- Simple-to-use, pocket-sized camcorder weighs under 5 ounces
- Holds 20 saved minutes of digital quality video and sound
- 1.4 inch color playback screen
- Ability to playback and delete videos
- Return to any CVS/pharmacy 1-hour photo lab for DVD
DVD Features and Benefits
- Simple viewing on DVD players or computers with DVD drive
- Convenient archiving and storage
- Email video and video greeting cards as easily as digital photos with SmartShare(TM) computer application
- No email system or software installation required
Through its partnership with Pure Digital, CVS/pharmacy is the first to bring digital one-time-use video cameras to consumers. Exclusively available now in over 1,400 CVS/pharmacy locations nationally, the cameras will be available in over 4,500 stores by June 26th. The CVS Digital One-Time-Use Video Camcorder retails for only $29.99. Video camera processing is $12.99 and includes a CVS DVD built with technology for easy viewing, sharing and archiving of home videos.