Saturday, May 28, 2005

Our former Mimosa tree


IMG_3519
Originally uploaded by eschulz.
This is a picture I just took of the tree in our front yard. My real estate agent called it a Mimosa. Everyone who's ever seen it called it a Mimosa. So why is this post titled "Our former Mimosa tree"?

I was going to link to the Mimosa entry on Wikipedia, just to be clever. That's when I see the following:
The name Mimosa has also been misapplied to several other related species with similar pinnate or bipinnate leaves, most commonly to Albizia julibrissin (Silk Tree) and Acacia dealbata (Silver Wattle).
So this picture is of our Albizia julibrissin (Silk Tree).

In order to help forget this sordid chapter of our lives, please drink a cocktail composed of six parts champagne and four parts thoroughly chilled orange juice, traditionally served in a tall champagne flute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This still looked like a Mimosa to me so I had the 6/4 ratio cocktail and it began to look more like the Albizia Julibrissin !!