Monday, October 03, 2005

These boots are made for walkin'...

Amy bought her first pair of cowboy boots yesterday at Cavender's Boot City. I will let her tell you about them.
I'm not sure if it was my 30th birthday or my 8th anniversary of living in Texas or just the cosmic alignment... but earlier this year, I decided I needed a pair of cowboy boots. I have never really considered myself a cowboy boot-wearing kind of girl, although I probably officially earned them the summer I worked on the HF Bar Dude Ranch in Saddlestring, Wyoming!

The first boot store we went to had an okay selection, but the boots were sorted by size as opposed to brand or style, so it was kind of like shopping at Payless for 10 times the price.

The experience at Cavender's was far better. John from East Texas was my friendly and knowledgeable sales person. I appreciated his honesty about what brands are better for first-time boot wearers, what brands are known more for their name rather than their quality, and how the construction of the boots varies. I actually ended up buying the first pair I tried on at Cavender's. They are Ariat stockman boots, and I got them for $150. I'm wearing them as I type this, even though I'm already in bed. (Just kidding!) And despite the fact that Eric probably thinks I should have stuck with any one of my many pair of Birkenstocks, he has been completely supportive of this little whim. Thanks, baby!


IMG_4266

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those boots are HOT ! I have seen cowboy boots in all the magazines so apparently they are the fashion item to own ! Be sure to break them in good, Amy, so they will feel good for walkin' in NYC !!!!

Chuck Hawkins said...

I love the ropers. My shit kickers are also made by Ariat. They are great for Texas bar hopping.

Anonymous said...

Those boots are friggin' nice girl! I want to see those things on with a nice cowgirl skirt and a 10 gallon hat!

Which blog is this again????

Anonymous said...

http://prisonerinme.blogspot.com/
cool set of boots
read my blog if u have time :-)