Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm gonna be rich !!!

Check out the email I just received from Bongo Roseveelt. Bongo is looking for a trustworthy person to help him steal some money. He apparently picked my email address from a list of 143 million. Heck, it's an honor just to be nominated.
Dear Sir,

In order to transfer from a Bank some amount of money, I have the courage to look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable for this important business believing that you will never let me down either now or in the future.

I am Bongo Roseveelt,a consulting auditor of prime banks here in South Africa. On June 6,2002,an American Mining consultant/contractor with the South African Mining corporation,Mr. Robert H. Klinsman made a numbered time (fixed)deposit for twelve calendar months,value of United States Dollar(USD $) Fourteen Million Two Hundred thousand in an account. On maturity, The bank sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month,The bank sent another reminder and finally his contract employers,the South African Mining corporation wrote to inform the bank that Mr. Robert H. Klinsman died from an automobile accident,that he died without MAKING A WILL, and all attempts by the American Embassy to trace his next of kin was fruitless.

I therefore, made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Robert H. Klinsman in fact was an immigrant from Jamaica and only recently obtained American citizenship.He did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank deposit paper work. This money total (USD $) Fourteen Million Two Hundred thousand is still sitting in my bank as dormant Account. No one will ever come forward to claim it, and according to South African banking policy,after 5years, the money will revert to the ownership of the South African Government if the account owner is certified dead.

This is the situation, and my proposal is that I am looking for a foreigner who will stand in as the next of kin to MR.Robert H. Klinsman,and a Bank Account abroad will then facilitate the transfer of this money to the beneficiary/ next of kin. This is simple, all you have to do is to immediately send me a bank account anywhere in the world for me to arrange the proper money transfer paperwork. This money total USD ($14.2M) will then be paid into this Account for us to share in the ratio of 70% for me, 25 % for you and 5% for expenses that might come up during transfer process. There is no risk at all, and all the paper work for this transaction will be done
by me using my position and connection in the banks in South Africa. This business transaction is guaranteed.

If you are interested, please reply immediately through my personal email sending the following details:

(1) Your Full Name/Address
(2) Your Private Telephone/fax Number.
(3) Your Account Particulars.

Please observe the utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable to both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country. I look forward to your earliest reply.

Yours,
Bongo Roseveelt.

2 comments:

Eric Schulz said...

It does seem slightly suspicious that a banking auditor wouldn't know how to spell 'paperwork'.

What am I saying ? There's no way I'm ever going to get rich if I start to doubt Bongo.

Anonymous said...

I'm compiling my list of things I always wanted in case I ever had a rich relative. By the way, I received several letters like this a few years ago so poor Bongo is still looking for a foreigner who will stand in as next of kin or whatever it is he is looking for. But it's like you say, if you start questioning early on in the deal, chances are things won't work out. Most business deals start with some sort of trust level. Good luck but don't run up your credit cards in anticipation of paying them off when you get the money !