Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yet another Verizon complaint

For a long time, I've been live blogging stuff from my phone. These are pictures that I take and then submit to Blogger with text that posts right to my blog. For the past couple of months, it's been very slow, sometimes taking hours to post. I didn't complain. The past few I've sent adds the following text. This is nothing but an ad for Verizon Wireless (a company I despise, in spite of being their customer for several years). I tonight called to have this disabled and the polite Customer Service Representative explained that this was a new feature.

I explained that I didn't want to put advertising on my blog without a fee being paid by Verizon Wireless. She explained that this text is only added when sending to an email address. I explained that's the only way I would ever send a picture. I asked if she would cancel my contract without penalty, since I am no longer receiving the service I chose and have paid for. She said that she wouldn't because I can still send the message. I asked if I could speak to a manager and she said that "No, we are running a skeleton crew today" and I should call back tomorrow. This is what their advertisement says (I have changed the Verizon Wireless link to point somewhere else, since they aren't paying me to provide a link to their site.

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime� Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

1 comment:

Justin said...

You should bring this over to consumerist they can give you tips on how to get something like this resolved, and if necessary, can get you contact info for executive level people at VZW.

Good luck.