Friday, December 29, 2006

New Laptop

To the tune of "To all the girls I loved before"

To all the folks who gave me cash.
I bought a Dell and got a rash


Note: I did not get a rash...

But several people have given me money for my birthday or Christmas. Tuesday, I ordered a Dell Inspiron 6400 (it's the same system as the Inspiron E1505, which is more expensive) . Here are the high points.

  • Intel Core Duo processor T2050 (2MB/1.60GHz/533MHz)
  • 15.4 Inch TrueLife Wide-screen WXGA
  • 512MB, DDR2, 533MHz
  • 80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 2, English
  • 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
  • Dell Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini Card (54Mbps)
  • 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
  • Microsoft Works 8.5
  • 3 Year Dell Hardware Warranty Plus Onsite Service
  • Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (2.0 + EDR)
  • ExpressCard Media Remote for Bluetooth-enabled Notebook
  • Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Basic
It cost almost exactly $1000, but that's a great configuration which should last me years (I do plan to upgrade the RAM to 1.5GB).

3 comments:

Amy R Shipp said...

Actually I'm the one who got the rash because of how excited I am for Eric to get his computer! Believe me, if you lived with the guy who had been talking about getting his new computer for the past 3 years, you would be excited too.

Sara Quinn said...

Congratulations, e ! It sounds impressive - although I didn't know one thing you were talking about - except maybe the word notebook. I had some of those in school.:) I also have an Express Card - mine just has American in front of it.
And by the way, were you really posting that at 4:35 a.m. ? You need to get more sleep !

Eric Schulz said...

I think I posted this at 5:35am, not 4:35. My clock on my old laptop might be wrong.

My laptop shipped today!