Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Can vegetarians eat Goldfish ?

Eric: Can vegetarians eat Goldfish ?
Kelly: haha!
Kelly: or is that a real question?
Kelly: :-)
Eric: I know vegans can't
Kelly: probably they can. You know, unless they are morally opposed to eating animal shaped food
Eric: Right, and that would be a weird rule to have.
Kelly: it seemed like a one liner joke
Eric: It was
Kelly: "No, I'm sorry, I can't eat animal crackers or Goldfish"
Kelly: "I'm a ______________" What would they be called?
Eric: Jackass
Kelly: hahah1!!!
Eric: Vegetearnium
Kelly: ooo, i like that!
Kelly: cross between vegetarian and terrarium
Eric: Exactly
Kelly: a vegeterrarium
Kelly: I'm gonna start telling people that. "Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm a vegeterrarium."
Eric: And wait for the question...
Kelly: when they say what is that, I can say "I don't eat anything shaped like an animal!"
Kelly: damn, we should be comedy writers for someone funny's show!
Eric: With your permission, the entire exchange is going on my blog.
Kelly: please do. We need to get the word out!
This is just a snippet of a chat between me and a colleague that happened today. It made me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the dialog in "Notting Hill" where one of the characters claimed to be a "fruitarian" - they only eat things that have fallen from a tree. So Hugh Grant asks if the carrot he is eating has been murdered and she said it has. It was a hilarious scene !

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I remember this day. I'm going to have to remind Kelly about this. Maybe what I'll do tomorrow is buy some animal crackers from the vending machine and see if shes eats one!! Then I can tell her shes not a true vegeterrarium.