Friday, March 17, 2006

Dynasty - A Survey

When you hear the word "dynasty", which of the following comes to mind?
  • Dynasty - A full size front-wheel drive sedan made by Dodge. It was the twin to the Chrysler New Yorker and was available from 1988 to 1993.
  • Dynasty - A studio album by the band KISS, released in 1979. It contained the hit "I was Made For Lovin' You".
  • Dynasty - An American primetime soap opera that aired on ABC from 1981 to 1989. The series revolved around the Carrington family.
  • Dynasty - A term used to refer to a team that dominates their sport for an extended period of time. The Chicago Bulls of the 1990's are an example (6 championships between 1991 and 1998)
  • Dynasty - A succession of rulers who are members of the same family for generations. The term is also used to refer to the period during which that family reigns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of the night version of a soap opera, which I never watched, and I think of the period of time in which a family rules. Sorry to admit that I didn't know about the vehicle, Kiss album, or sports team. I've lived a sheltered life !

Anonymous said...

I think of the last one b/c of Amy's family. They RULE!

--congrats on the listing!!!

Heidi MacInnis said...

I'll have to go with the Soap (just to tick off my hubby)...