Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Available

Internet Explorer 7: Beta 2 is available for testing on Windows XP. I'm currently installing it. I had to first validate that I have a legitimate copy of Windows XP. It also recommended installing the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (I assume it leaves XP intact :).

This preview is for hobbyists and professionals only. Less technically capable users should never ever run beta software.
"Evaluation of Internet Explorer 7 should start now, but the software should not be used on production systems in mission-critical environments. Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview will only run on Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) systems, but will ultimately be available for Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Server 2003."

1 comment:

BigMac said...

I just installed it too. Seems alright. No complaints yet. Except, the window into which I am typing this comment looks a little weird. Seems as though IE7 isn't happy about something here...