Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Active data connection and voice mail

A couple of times in the last week, I got a message that I had a voice mail while actively surfing the net. I wasn't sure what was going on, but now I know (the following text is from the PalmOne website).
palmOne - Products - Treo 600 Smartphone:
3. What happens if I get a voice call while I'm accessing the data features (email, web browsing) on the Treo 600 smartphone?
If there is an active data connection (you are actively sending or receiving data), then all incoming calls go directly to voice mail. Once the voicemail message is left, you will get an alert telling you that you have a message."
This is a real limitation in a Smartphone. Now that I understand, I can work around it. Both times, I had left a person a message and immediately started using wireless Internet to kill time until they called back. I will use more offline browsing. I did see information elsewhere that the same is true for the Treo 650.
Note: This article was originally posted to the TreoVida blog on date listed. It was moved to Does the fun ever start ? on Sunday, October 23, 2005.

No comments: