Sunday, January 16, 2005

Data Lifeguard Tools 11 for Windows

When we used to run MS-DOS, life was easy. To install a larger hard drive, you just hooked the new drive up and partitioned it, then installed it as a second drive. Then all you had to do was copy all of the files over. Then came Windows 95 and that never seemed to work exactly right again. Well, if you buy Western Digital drives, it's even easier. Yesterday, I replaced a 40GB system with a new 160GB. Here's how I did it:
  1. Installed Data Lifeguard Tools 11 for Windows
  2. Install the 160GB drive as a secondary drive
  3. Run the Data Lifeguard drive copy.
  4. It prompted me to partition the drive
  5. It copied the contents of the drive
  6. I removed the 40GB drive
  7. I installed the 160GB as the only drive
It took a couple of hours, but almost all of that was the actual copy and I didn't even need to be here for that.


No comments: