Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Daddy's Little Girls

The other night we went to see a double feature, and one of the movies was Daddy's Little Girls. On the surface, it was a pleasant enough movie with a predictable and happy ending. The movie has been very popular here in Atlanta, because it was made here (just 2-3 miles from our house)

As I've thought more and more about it, I've decided that it was a badly written mess. It was clear that it was written by a man who doesn't respect women. Every woman was a caricature of a woman's worst possible attributes. There wasn't one female adult character that I would want to be in the same room with for even a minute.

The film was not the least bit believable. When I went to IMDB to get the link for the movie, I see that it is rated at a 2.1 (and is the 32nd worst movie ever).

1 comment:

Sara Quinn said...

That brings back drive-in movie memories. We went to the drive-in almost every weekend when I was a kid and one time we drug my dad with us. The movie playing was called "A Kiss for Corless." Dad hated it so much he came home and made a poster which he attached to the kitchen wall which said, "A Kiss for Corless, the worst movie ever made."